New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 164 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Ailinn
Windchimer

2174 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2020 :  17:12:49  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Dreams in the Rhyolite Station. "First winter croup kettle smell," she says. "Alone in my paper boat I lay very still so it won't tip over. I look up and not into the water. The sky is black with star-hole fires. I'm afraid. I may be crying. I see the silver teeth of the ocean. Feel its rocking spell. This dream lasts for several nights. Nothing else happens. The first thing I steal is the money. I'm not planning. I'm just walking away." He leans in... His irresistible mind... His cryptic conversation... "Do you remember the names of your pets or toys...?" he says. Surprised, she says, "Do you?" "Every one..." he says, "...every one."
Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

2174 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2020 :  17:17:34  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
The garden. Lush and urgent where they enter the dream. Summer-lit acts of the flowers. Little shrines. Epiphanies at their fingertips. All the minor gods singing. Wise with love and humor. No interrupted lifelines. No bullet holes in the saguaro.
Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

2174 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2020 :  16:57:21  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
-Valley of the Gods. "No guardrails."

-"Think about..." Blue midnight. People walking in the street with candles. "...what's in my other mind. Think out loud. I'm listenin'..." he laughs. Flash of gold she wants to touch with her finger.

-The stars come on. The fish stay low. The wind sings in the branches.

-Flickering balconies in Heaven. A little disturbance on the ground. Someone shaking the ladder.

-You more here than me now.

Edited by - Ailinn on 10/21/2020 17:38:49
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 164  Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Mickey Newbury Web Board © 2003 Mickeynewbury.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000