Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 164 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

buckman
Firefly

USA
2820 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2005 :  19:18:05  Show Profile  Visit buckman's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Ralph?? Ralph??
Go to Top of Page

aussiedave
Swinger

Australia
509 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2005 :  02:08:28  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Send aussiedave a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
could be Stu's nickname?????????
.......could be the wrong wedding????????
Go to Top of Page

aussiedave
Swinger

Australia
509 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2005 :  02:15:57  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Send aussiedave a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
........he saw his Father only once more before he left the family home for good.That was back in 1967.It would be 24 years later before he saw his Father again,and that was only for one day.

........his Father died 2 years later.........no tears at the funeral.

just a few when he drove back home.

Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

2173 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2005 :  20:03:32  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Today there were monsters on the beach. Three feet long. Giant Flying Squid. Wrong-shaped creatures. Upside down. Not beautiful like the tiny iridescent Blue Sailors. And the fog was a cloud come to Earth delaying the Buick Invitation at Torrey Pines. You could watch it funneling through. Thick as lambs wool. Golfers stepping out of the mist as if from a Monet painting. Fog stirring the chimes and lifting the shore birds into the sky. We were on the beach by 9 and off by 3. Stu doesn't go out on a board. He walks the walk or "naps the nap." Or hangs out at the Coffee Bar with his cronies. More of a general store and bakery. With wooden barrels of coffee and tea and rice. Crackers in sacks. Crocks of oily olives. Salami and cheeses hanging by ropes from the ceiling. They have pies coming out of their ovens every hour or so. They slice up a few and pass them around to sample. Lots of berries lately. And strawberry rhubarb. You can read, or do crosswords, or play Cribbage. Or trade coupons with who ever's there. There's a board where you tack up your register tape...the tape that shows how much you saved using coupons. Stu and this guy Ian from England have been competing for years. Their conversations start like this, "They PAID me to take it out of the store!" Then they whip out their long tapes with as many red minus's as black plus's. "You bloody well robbed them!" Ian says. That's a compliment. They roast coffee there too. The aroma drifts up the hill and wakes us up in the morning. People run to open their windows the smell is so good. Now dogs are barking in the faded dark and the stars are strung up on black wire. The kids heads are bowed over homework. Soon they'll be down the hall dreaming of tomorrow's water. Growing taller in their sleep at 9 and 11. But by tomorrow they'll be wanting to drive. How their eyes flash and their chins lift in challenge. It all happens so fast. Future men. There's just the stove light in the kitchen glowing. As if the house were rising up through the sea.

Edited by - Ailinn on 04/02/2020 16:50:04
Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

2173 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2005 :  20:06:26  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
"...always just one world away from way back then when... ...so once again I fall into my dreams..."

~Mickey Newbury~
Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

2173 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2005 :  19:19:52  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
She stands with her back to him. Arms at her side. Low tide. Sand sifting through her fingers. He watches the silver shine of her ankles in the eddying sea. It is sunset that brings her here. It is the sun setting that brings him to the fire. The days end when she comes to sit by him. Beside the flames warmth they both lean toward for hours. Their faces and hands still. Their silhouette shoulders touching in the indelible dark.
Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

2173 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2005 :  17:48:16  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
The Magician will change your life forever. Slipping out of his leather jacket into his suit of mail. His prison uniform. His bloodied Blue or Gray. He'll show up when you least expect it. You'll be sitting with your vagrant head in your hands. The sun will have left your County. Only dim, amber streetlamps edging the murky dark. The doorbell won't ring. Nor the telephone. But the curtain will lift as if blown by a benevolent wind. And when you look up you'll see his cards on the table. His deck of shining Aces. "Take your sunglasses off," he'll say.
Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

2173 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2005 :  19:59:09  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
"...love is all that matters..."

~Mickey Newbury~
Go to Top of Page

buckman
Firefly

USA
2820 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2005 :  20:41:51  Show Profile  Visit buckman's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Magic is all that matters... it is all that counts...Let me put it into language you can understand.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................. Rev Buckman

http://members.tripod.com/buckmaniac/index.htm
Go to Top of Page

buckman
Firefly

USA
2820 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2005 :  19:51:57  Show Profile  Visit buckman's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
DO YOU FOLKS REALISE WHAT A TREASURE WE HAVE HERE? Ommagawd, This is such a pleasure to read every day......... How lucky are we to have this lady in our midst?????? Do you even know it? OK, yeah, I'm drunk...,so what..... wanna make somethin of it??????? Come on.... I'm waitin for ya/////////////////////// Rev Buckman
Go to Top of Page

andrew p
Firefly

USA
3936 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2005 :  19:58:16  Show Profile  Visit andrew p's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Now Hank (& Ralph, & The Rev) dontcha all make me come over there, ya hear....you don't want none of this....

and that's the truth...PFFFFFFFFT!

andrew

REMEMBER: proofread carefully to see if you any words out
Go to Top of Page

buckman
Firefly

USA
2820 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2005 :  20:11:06  Show Profile  Visit buckman's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
The good and the bad thing, both, about the f***** Rev is that he has a very short memory, among other things that are very short, but we have already discussed that and will not go there again.... I myself don't understand last night; he knows that drinking interrupts his dieting which is going well, but, from what Ralph tells me, he was upset about some package from Florida that didn't come Fedex and, well, it was Friday and he does need some medication, like Mike Tysons wife told Barbara Walters..... that;s about all I got from him..... Rev has just had Ralph drive him to the likker store and they waited outside til it opened like desperadoes waitin for a train..... I wish I coulda seen it..... Rev limps in, lookin like Kenny Rogers in that last Gambler movie, what was it IV or V or something? with the stupid cane, and he actually gets B&B AND Jamesons...... So, what I'm tellin you is this...... Turn off your phones, turn off your computers; turn off anything that might let that old goat in cause he's gonna be a real load to handle today.......... it's not going to be a pretty story in Pomona today..... Thanks for your support, Hank Beukema

http://members.tripod.com/buckmaniac/index.htm
Go to Top of Page

andrew p
Firefly

USA
3936 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2005 :  09:27:36  Show Profile  Visit andrew p's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
[with all due respect to Ralph]

some days you eat the bear...
some days the bear eats you...
and some days, the bear don't EVEN come outta the woods...

andrew

REMEMBER: proofread carefully to see if you any words out
Go to Top of Page

buckman
Firefly

USA
2820 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2005 :  20:11:53  Show Profile  Visit buckman's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Drinking the whiskey last weekend and eating little has left me open to a nice flu virus..... I missed work Monday, which is Always a bad thing, went today and then asked for and was granted three vacation days , which do not count towards my sick time, and so are not begrudged or held against me, to heal up a little.... I apologise for MY addition of some things that seemed funny at the time, but were just stupid, whiskey talkin junk.... I treasure this site and especially this lovely page right here to sully it up with nonsense.... Oh, nonsense is ok, when it's about polar bears and preachers, but some of the other stuff was just drunk ravings and the world has already had one Bukowski.... We don't need another one.... Hank
Go to Top of Page

buckman
Firefly

USA
2820 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2005 :  00:37:42  Show Profile  Visit buckman's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
There are windchimes hanging in back of the house next door, that I never ever heard until barb died.... I swear to god.... They soothe me now.... Hank
Go to Top of Page

buckman
Firefly

USA
2820 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2005 :  00:40:14  Show Profile  Visit buckman's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
From "To Ireland in the Coming Times" by William Butler Yeats.

"While still I may, I write for you
The love I lived, the dream I knew.
From our birthday, until we die,
Is but the winking of an eye;
And we, our singing and our love,
What measurer Time has lit above,
And all benighted things that go
About my table to and fro,
Are passing on to where may be,
In truth's consuming ecstasy,
No place for love and dream at all;
For God goes by with white footfall.
I cast my heart into my rhymes,
That you, in the dim coming times,
May know how my heart went with them
After the red-rose-bordered hem."

For Ailinn and San Diego- Hank

Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

2173 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2005 :  20:41:07  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you, Sir Hank. I hope life is being kind to you. Keep your eyes in the sky, okay.
Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

2173 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2005 :  21:04:44  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Well, now... I see you're in the fig preserves again. You jus' make sure you lick them sticky fingers 'fore you climb back into bed. Sweet dreams.
Go to Top of Page

aussiedave
Swinger

Australia
509 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2005 :  06:01:43  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Send aussiedave a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
"true love knows no comparisons".....AD

Go to Top of Page

aussiedave
Swinger

Australia
509 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2005 :  06:04:07  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Send aussiedave a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
'goodnight sweet prince'........goodnight.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 164  Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Mickey Newbury Web Board © 2003 Mickeynewbury.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000