Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 164 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Craig
Firefly

Kyrgyzstan
3793 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2013 :  18:44:19  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
...She said, "The way you are now is what I like the best."

My heart melted...
Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

2173 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2013 :  19:34:59  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Fog three feet deep on the bedroom floor when he leaves the balcony door open. A whisper of ash on the grate. Invisible ships in the harbor. An ocean too close to see clearly. Nights leaning into the oars as waves sweep across the starscape.
Go to Top of Page

Craig
Firefly

Kyrgyzstan
3793 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2013 :  18:20:03  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yes, I watched the ultra-lights from La Holla, above Blacks Beach. Sailing down to climb back up to the top. All for nought... Or was it???
Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

2173 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2013 :  19:03:41  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Glider Port. 2800 Torrey Pines Scenic Drive, La Jolla, CA. Just down the road near Salk Institute and UCSD. Mostly paragliding now. (Catch those thermals.) "The mecca of free flight in the USA."

Blacks Beach. Clothing is optional.
Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

2173 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2013 :  19:07:27  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Santa Ana blush in the room. Apricot flush in the mirror. The mountains igniting behind them. Their deckle edge rising in flames. Dazzle of sky before the blinds close. Sun-stung cheeks and let-down hair in a tangle. Fire weather.
Go to Top of Page

Doug L
Firefly

Canada
5446 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2013 :  00:24:49  Show Profile  Visit Doug L's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
After 42 e-mails and the support of friends
and record labels, Youtube has reinstated my channel.
I'm relieved, tired, happy.

Roisin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73EOqthFopQ
Go to Top of Page

San Diego
Swinger

508 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2013 :  18:18:56  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Wonderful news! Persistence pays.
Doug, thank you for your kindness...and all you do for the Porch. Love, Ro
Go to Top of Page

Jonmark
Windchimer

USA
1791 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2013 :  21:13:10  Show Profile  Visit Jonmark's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Wonderful news...
Go to Top of Page

Joe Z
Windchimer

USA
1819 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2013 :  11:10:20  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Great news, Doug. The Force is with you.
Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

2173 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2013 :  18:18:18  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
A convergence of freeways beside the Blue Shade Motel. "...cloverleaf opportunity..." he said, his mind already out there racing that fast car. Spangled windshield on a glass-edged road. Mica-bright air and sun-bent flowers. The tumbleweed still rooted and green. The wind farms day-long shadows. Mornings they'd wake up plucky and luck-bound. It was love. It was not safe.
Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

2173 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2013 :  21:05:15  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
He picks up the brush and paints the gravity necessary to hold them in place. She has no plot but to keep him alive.
Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

2173 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2013 :  18:45:15  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
There was a marble I worked with called Raspberry Lights. A stone so beautiful clients would press the platter-size sample to their chests the way girls used to carry their school books. A vanilla field with a mist of raspberry shot through. The vanilla was creamy and the raspberry transparent with some blur at the edge. I carried a sample with me for luck. A domestic quarry so no "on the water" story. No "...lost coming around the Cape..." or, "...you know that hurricane off Point so-and-so, well..." An invincible stone until the last time I called to order and they told me...the vein had run out.
Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

2173 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2013 :  19:57:32  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
"...an' the odd one up on twenty-four who picks up her mail around midnight.."
Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

2173 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2013 :  20:00:56  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Wind in the chimes and the moon's slanted silver. Starry tears and ruby-stung ears. Her bell-tied shoes waterlogged. Crazy rain here. Come home.
Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

2173 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2013 :  19:14:38  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
"Wake up in the middle of the night..." He believes in the revelation in dreams. In sleep's informative power. He expects a certain finish by now. Something to show for all those put-away pages. Shovel work. Sore shoulders.
Go to Top of Page

Doug L
Firefly

Canada
5446 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2013 :  13:40:42  Show Profile  Visit Doug L's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply

This old country is not healthy
The orchards have grown bare
And the woman at the well, she
Can't find water anywhere
She is old and suffers blindness
And she does not hear us sing
All she answers to is kindness
That's the water you must bring

DL

Go to Top of Page

Doug L
Firefly

Canada
5446 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2013 :  02:55:31  Show Profile  Visit Doug L's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply

She's say it's her lucky day. Kisses me. Smiles.
I don't get it. Her lucky day? I must be in heaven.
Must be. All that way around the world she's come.
Trailing tears, but looking ahead with dreams that
won't die. I didn't think I'd ever feel this way,
ever again. It's her lucky day? Sure, I tell her,
kiss her back, laugh until I'm jiggling.
Go to Top of Page

Doug L
Firefly

Canada
5446 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2013 :  01:20:06  Show Profile  Visit Doug L's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
HAUNT

We walk rain-shined street up the hill together
to our night haunt, BREKA, the place that never
closes. We can vouch for that.

Students with lap-tops spread their papers,
an older Indian couple shares red velvet cake,
a kid reads a book called DEAR LIFE.

We order two coffees, one decaffeinated. She
stirs honey into hers. We sit reading a book
about ROSE CHERAMIE, sharing a butterfly cookie.

A woman from Mashhad and a man from Moose Jaw
hold hands under the table, discuss the meaning
of the word NEFARIOUS.

DL

Go to Top of Page

buckman
Firefly

USA
2820 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2013 :  17:10:56  Show Profile  Visit buckman's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Shades of 63:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lD-WNWVEtgE

Go to Top of Page

Doug L
Firefly

Canada
5446 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2013 :  06:51:11  Show Profile  Visit Doug L's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
That last part of Cormac McCarthy's 'No Country For Old Men',
the book and the movie both, where the aging sheriff, Ed Tom,
chooses life (to cup and protect what little fire is left)
rather than to risk it all to continue after Chigurh.

Momma, take this badge off of me / I can't use it anymore /
It's gettin' dark, too dark to see / I feel I'm knockin' on
heaven's door..."

I figure that's as good an image as any for what has happened
to a lot of us who were young in the sixties, who chased
something through the decades since, a dream later transformed
through the dark truth of time into an assassin...

And as the day bends down into night, we turn and look around
at our loved ones and realize they're about all there is of
home anymore...
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 164  Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Mickey Newbury Web Board © 2003 Mickeynewbury.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000