New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 164 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Ailinn
Windchimer

2174 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2012 :  20:08:50  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Ah, Henry...

Days gone by.
Go to Top of Page

buckman
Firefly

USA
2820 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2012 :  14:20:48  Show Profile  Visit buckman's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
For those who have suffered:

PLACES LOCKED BY GRACE

I could feel her shaking in my arms,
But she said, be assured I will not break.
He may have tried to take my body
But there's more to me he can never take.
I have been violated in so many ways
But there are places that must stay safe
There are places only some can go
And those places are locked by grace.

The horrors that a woman feels
or a child or even a man
That face the beasts that walk this Earth
and are damaged at their hands
Must be treated ever forward
with tenderness, a loving embrace
There is so little left to them
That will ever restore their faith

Be patient with the child, the woman, the young man
Give them room to breathe and room to love
But what they need the most is time.
The healing comes from a higher place
than you can ever reach
It may seem now like they are drowning
But, be assured they will find the beach.

Hank Beukema revbuckmanmusic 2012

Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

2174 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2012 :  17:08:36  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Memory in a tarnished mirror. A Thanksgiving at 7-Eleven he turned into art. Up into the hills. Sunset off Sunset. Far-away lights of a city. His voice waiting for morning. His dawn-bright eyes open wide blue.
Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

2174 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2012 :  18:22:05  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
The first day of principal photography he shoots her through the veil. Tiny scrap of hat he insists on. He places a lit cigarette between her long fingers. Positions her at the critical edge. The honey-combed canyon conspires with the VFX crew's raging inferno. He signals the cameraman. Knows what he wants in and out of each frame. Long-take sympathetic bird's-eye view. Slow track to broken sky in her eye. Soft focus on first flicker of fright. Close-up on sparks climbing ladders of smoke. Dolly zoom on her open-mouth recognition. She's terrified of heights. He knows this before he begins. Before he casts her in the role. Before he puts his arms around her.

Edited by - Ailinn on 04/06/2014 14:25:05
Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

2174 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2012 :  18:31:49  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
The past is never dead.
It's not even past.

-William Faulkner
Go to Top of Page

buckman
Firefly

USA
2820 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2012 :  19:37:49  Show Profile  Visit buckman's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply

I sit in the dark
At a table in the back
Of the saloon
Holding court.

I told him he should have killed me
The first time he saw me,
I told him he would never win,
I told him that despite my whiskey
And the women that
My heart was pure and I would
Always be stronger than him.

He laughed and said
Maybe so Preacher
Maybe so
And turned and walked out.

I took the gun that I'd been holding
Under the table and laid it down and
Picked up the glass of whiskey.

I listen to the sound of the horses stirring
And the dust blowing down the street.
The night is turning cold.....

Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

2174 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2012 :  19:35:27  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
His voice would drift across the pillow inventing perils where he could rescue her.
Go to Top of Page

Becka
Sitter

95 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2012 :  09:08:55  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
"Memory in a tarnished mirror"

Beautiful, Ailinn....

How do I manage to pick just the perfect time to post so that what little bit I say, ends up at the top of the page? and makes very little sense?

I will say this.
CELEBRATE Mickey today, Porch!
With many Sweet Memories...
x

Edited by - Becka on 09/29/2012 09:15:52
Go to Top of Page

Doug L
Firefly

Canada
5446 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2012 :  21:14:38  Show Profile  Visit Doug L's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
As others often say, not a day goes by.
Mickey's heart and mind and songs still move me
and inform my own work, as always.
Pontiac, one more time...
http://www3.telus.net/billybob/betterdays/pontiac.htm
Go to Top of Page

buckman
Firefly

USA
2820 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2012 :  12:45:35  Show Profile  Visit buckman's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Love it. First thing you sent me I think.

Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

2174 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2012 :  17:52:31  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you, Becka. Wish I lived close enough to enjoy one of your House Concerts. Maybe someday I'll jump on a plane.
Go to Top of Page

San Diego
Swinger

508 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2012 :  18:01:24  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Doug, I loved this the first time I read and printed it. Mick was faith and family and loyalty to friends. He was mischief and magic with a peppery grin and cracked in half laugh that made you believe all was as it should be. Thanks for putting this up again.
Go to Top of Page

buckman
Firefly

USA
2820 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2012 :  20:16:14  Show Profile  Visit buckman's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Before this rain it had been
dry for months.
The music man had said it
looked like rain.

I took it on faith and used
the last of the water to
clean the horse's dusty nostrils.
And then it came...
First the music and
then the rain.
Healing.
Cleansing.

Saving...

Rev B

Edited by - buckman on 10/02/2012 05:57:18
Go to Top of Page

Joe Z
Windchimer

USA
1819 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2012 :  06:45:09  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
A Note to Generation “V”

Today’s virtual generation demands bandwidth for texting and tweeting and google-ing. But God has all the real bandwidth. He totally gets us. And because we exist in His image (read reflection), we have the capacity to hear Him. The iGod app is standard issue.
Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

2174 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2012 :  18:08:17  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Drop through the clouds where below the sea is gaining. Wake up on the red-eye when the wheels touch down. When the pilot's voice announces arrival a world away from way back then when. Walk out into a city ephemeral before sunrise. Trade one life for another.
Go to Top of Page

buckman
Firefly

USA
2820 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2012 :  19:03:23  Show Profile  Visit buckman's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
THE FLOOR OF HEAVEN

You thought I was the one who could save you
Even after I lost my mind
These castle walls won't hold the demons back
The clock says it's closing time.

These days I fly so up and down
The poles get further apart
This old planet's spun a lot of miles
Too much beating for one little heart

My cravings got the better of me just
As your walls came down
The time to leave has passed and gone
I just can't find my way out of this town

The floor of Heaven must be leaking
Cause the rain's started pouring in
It seems that cross was such a price to pay
for just a few billion of our sins.

What I can't control I can't accept
And serenity's a place I can't find
Making amends is a tiring chore and
It's driven me out of my mind.

These days I fly so up and down
The poles get further apart
This old planet's spun a lot of miles
Too much beating for one little heart

The floor of Heaven must be leaking
Cause the rain's started pouring in
It seems that cross was such a price to pay
for just a few billion of our sins.

Hank Beukema Copyright revbuckmanmusic 2012
http://youtu.be/OO0Q7hWTHNY

Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

2174 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2012 :  16:14:10  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
-"The first day..." he says, "that's what this is." She says, "Go ahead, preach to me." Somewhere in the loft of stainless steel sky the bridge is graining out in the distance. A slow dissolve.

-Lens magic. Jump-cuts and close-ups. Unreported tremors in the tectonic plates. Satellites going up behind the date palms. No barricade on the 10% grade where rocks are skittering across the S curves.

-Soon they're sitting on suitcases with their knees knocking up against each others. A tight flight up and over the harsh Santa Rosas. Land in sand or in citrus groves. "Leap of Faith..." he says, telling a story heroically true.

-Fire season. Glitter-bright air. A desert white light like ground zero. Scrim of grit on the eucalyptus.

-His Sunday eyes in Eden where bells are pulling the sky apart. Hold the hand of the one who leads you across the dirt yard. Raise your chin. Refuse the blindfold.
Go to Top of Page

Craig
Firefly

Kyrgyzstan
3793 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2012 :  20:36:58  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Few understand. Few are able to see...

You
Me
A few others...

Do they really understand? Do they even know?
I question...

Craig
Go to Top of Page

Joe Z
Windchimer

USA
1819 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2012 :  06:32:57  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Gonna turn this High Way into 40 miles of mud...
Go to Top of Page

San Diego
Swinger

508 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2012 :  15:12:22  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I was told to report to Monsignor before Christmas. A large fireplace-heated living room crowded with Advent wreaths. It smelled like a sleepy forest. There was hot chocolate in a teapot he nodded to. "Will you pour," he said, "two cups." The pot was as heavy as the cups were light. I sat in a very grand chair with my feet not reaching the floor. I had polished my shoes that morning and he commented on them. He was a Navy Chaplin before he became Monsignor. He asked me why I ran away so often and I told him I needed to. He sipped his cocoa reflectively and didn't say a word. Finally he asked me if I'd like to help Sister Catherine put candles in the wreaths. I thought then...if I were a sailor I'd like him to be on my ship.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 164  Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Mickey Newbury Web Board © 2003 Mickeynewbury.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000