Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 The Back Porch
 Open Topic
 Dear Folks, Sorry I Haven't Written Lately ....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

skotski
Rocker

USA
108 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2021 :  21:56:00  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
That subject line is borrowed from a great album by Roger Miller, just so you know.

I think it must be 10 or 12 years since I last checked in here. I don't recognize many of the names, but I do remember a lot of the "Old Gang" that used to come in here and pull up a rocker and enjoy a good time with a lot of friendly, and funny, banter. It saddens me to no end to think of all of the great songwriters and performers we have lost since I was here last, especially in 2020. Been a lot of heartache for all I am sure.

It's good to see Chris Newbury has taken over looking out for this board; I know Mickey would be proud. And, going from memory, wasn't it Chris that covered "Just Dropped In..." on the tribute album? I can't seem to find my copy anymore. Anyhoot, I never told Mickey this, but I thought that version was better than Mickey's original. And I don't mean that as a slam to Mick, it is just my unsolicited opinion.

I am glad I could get to know Mick and the rest of you that have been in "the mix" on the Back Porch. A lot of old memories coming down lately.

Stay in Tune
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Mickey Newbury Web Board © 2003 Mickeynewbury.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000